Real-time Remote Diagnostic Monitoring
Using a combination of shore-based software and on-train hardware Trimble R2M processes diagnostic data from rail vehicles in real time.
It provides a comprehensive view of overall fleet status including specific vehicle faults and identifies potential faults that may arise.
It analyses and detects anomalies in on-vehicle component behavior to identify the status of component health and the possible impact this behavior may have on the vehicle and to the overall fleet. Also it can replay the events and behaviors that led to faults or incidents.
REQUEST A DEMO
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information or a demonstration.
“Trimble and Greater Anglia have worked together as strategic partners to provide a complete train diagnostic system to our fleet. Using Trimble’s diagnostic system we are now able to bring real-time fault information into the control room and provide an intelligent decision and planning support system with GPS data to ensure effective and rapid fault recovery.”
Head of Fleet Engineering, Greater Anglia
“Trimble's real-time remote diagnostic system has been successfully rolled out across our intercity railcar fleet. This has resulted in significant maintenance savings, incident prevention and recovery and improved operational efficiencies."
Chief Mechanical Engineer, Irish Rail
- Increases mean time between faults reducing maintenance and running costs
- Immediately identifies faults and prevents potential faults improving fleet safety
- Pinpoints areas of difficulty for the vehicle operator (WSP, sanding, and overhead line voltage) enhancing infrastructure management
- Refines maintenance diagnosis and reduces “no fault found” outcomes lowering maintenance costs
- Lowers time between failures and decreases time taken to address faults optimizing maintenance programs
- Improves fleet reliability and availability
- Works with existing on-board event recorders and train management systems
- For older fleets additional sensors can be added as part of routine maintenance and included in the system automatically
- Facilitates interactive and predictive fault detection
- Rules engine functionality automates data processing by defining data values required to cause an alert to be fired triggering action
- New rules and alerts can be defined and added to the system without affecting vehicles in service
- Real-time cross fleet performance monitoring identifies trends as they occur within a fleet
- Displays real-time schematic view of key subsystems as trains are in service
- Tracks vehicle and fleet location through mapping software
- View cab equipment in real time from the control room to understand the driver’s experience
- Replay fault events to accurately diagnose root cause and repair actions during maintenance
- Recommends maintenance repair actions to the fleet maintainer based on the data received from on board systems
Example Signals & Subsystems
- TMS (Train management systems)
- Event recorders/OTMRs
- Power pack/traction
- Safety systems (e.g., AWS/TPWS)